Whereas most forms of drug abuse begin with friends at a party, prescription drug abuse often starts in the home. Over seven million Americans misuse prescription drugs every day. Misuse often starts easily enough, perhaps taking a parent or friend’s leftover painkiller. However, occasional misuse can develop into addiction. According to the Mayo Clinic, opioid […]
"You are hurting people. Do you agree with that statement?" Rep. McKinley hammers Zuckerberg on illegal pharmacies being used to sell opioids on Facebook. Zuckerberg responds with the need for AI tools to weed out harmful content. Watch live: //t.co/xNolLfglOZ
“You can’t treat #addiction with incarceration” - @donaldwarnemd #Indigenous #opioids #sdoh
Interesting discussion today with a Swiss pain physician-anesthesiologist. They have no problem rx’ing steady low to medium dose opioids for chronic pain there—or rx’ing something else, with patient preferences being very important, though the *preference* is nonopioids first.
- Perdue Pharma Will Profit From Medication-Assisted Treatment
- ACLU Sues to Help Man in Maine Get Medication-Assisted Treatment in Jail
- Lucemyra: FDA Approves New Medication-Assisted Treatment
- Purdue Pharma “Fights Opioid Epidemic” – Too Little, Too Late?
- Dr. Phil’s Addicted Guests Allegedly Exploited
- drug cartels
- los angeles
- medication-assisted treatment
- orange county
- pharm party
- prescription drugs
- purdue pharma