Jeff Shimkus, a Fire Department Captain in Anaheim, California, recently sat down with filmmakers to discuss his 19-year-old son Sam. A college student, athlete and Special Education Instructional Aide, Sam died in January of 2010 from a combination of prescription drugs and alcohol. The coroner ruled that his accidental overdose death was caused by mixing […]
Pregnant & parenting women with #opioid use disorder are an especially vulnerable group. We need to ensure they have access to treatment. @samhsagov //t.co/nwWLHL9hQr
Substance misuse among college students is driven largely by their social environment, including a long-standing culture of #alcohol use.
Learn more: //t.co/1YSjpa0tiz
Another complex #Indigenous health emergency: #OPIATES
I believe we need a “Chief Medical Officer on Indigenous Health” focused on these complex emergencies.
@janephilpott @Min_IndServ @Min_CIRNA @CDNMinHealth @WHO @CanadianPM @CBCCanada //t.co/J2jos93igD