Jeff Shimkus, a Fire Department Captain in Anaheim, California, recently sat down with filmmakers to discuss his 19-year-old son Sam. A college student, athlete and Special Education Instructional Aide, Sam died in January of 2010 from a combination of prescription drugs and alcohol. The coroner ruled that his accidental overdose death was caused by mixing […]
"You are hurting people. Do you agree with that statement?" Rep. McKinley hammers Zuckerberg on illegal pharmacies being used to sell opioids on Facebook. Zuckerberg responds with the need for AI tools to weed out harmful content. Watch live: //t.co/xNolLfglOZ
“You can’t treat #addiction with incarceration” - @donaldwarnemd #Indigenous #opioids #sdoh
Interesting discussion today with a Swiss pain physician-anesthesiologist. They have no problem rx’ing steady low to medium dose opioids for chronic pain there—or rx’ing something else, with patient preferences being very important, though the *preference* is nonopioids first.
- Perdue Pharma Will Profit From Medication-Assisted Treatment
- ACLU Sues to Help Man in Maine Get Medication-Assisted Treatment in Jail
- Lucemyra: FDA Approves New Medication-Assisted Treatment
- Purdue Pharma “Fights Opioid Epidemic” – Too Little, Too Late?
- Dr. Phil’s Addicted Guests Allegedly Exploited
- drug cartels
- los angeles
- medication-assisted treatment
- orange county
- pharm party
- prescription drugs
- purdue pharma